Several things happened,
- I had great success in finally convincing myself that i can code (barring few moments).
- I had to spend time understanding gtk and profiling/fixing few stuff in it.
- Gnome crashed on my laptop due to interfering xfce switch.
- I breifly used OSX on gnome crashing.
- KDE4.1 released.
Here are the consequences of the events
- That was a lie, i can't code i can only use qt4 very effectively now. I finally declared qt as supreme being of all.
- I realized i definitely _can_ code at least better than GIMP team. Well that's a lie too... but i certainly wish the gtk team could. Gtk is so horrible that i can't even imagine how was it used to create things for this long at all. OO in C is not really that hard man, linux does it, cocoa (objective c) does it, hell its even ok to add new language if you can't find a proper way. But gtk is just a bad way to do it. This deserves a separate rant. I think Ximian (which i now label as culprits) chose gtk/gnome just because of the evil lgpl license.
- No prob there its just an event happening, no big deal, except i was afraid of redoing all the --purge and --reinstall.
- It sucked so bad, that it reminded me about why i left it in the first place.
- Hurra!!! best thing ever happened since i discovered that slackware actually boots some 10-15 years back.
- Another lie, but i think this one you know about already...
The end result is i am big fan of kde again :))))
Can't be happier that miserable two years of no kde update are gone and they are back.
I just told somebody if they do not to try it today they will have to some day, that eventually everybody will switch to kde,
Boldly claiming that even windows won't be spared.
Its simliar to some religious believes, we are born kde users, our environment spoils us to other paths.